Responsibility is equally important as like walking and talking for every child. And it is one of the important jobs for every parent.
“Kids who do not have responsibilities feel entitled and think the world will always do for them.”- says Karen Ruskin.
What is the actual meaning of Responsibility?
According to research, when parents were asked that which traits they would like their children to have now and as adults, one of the most common responses is “to be responsible.”
The term ‘Responsibility’ can be expressed in different ways, including:
- Being dependable so people know they can count on you.
- Keeping one’s word and agreements.
- Respects one’s commitments.
- Doing the best according to one’s ability.
- Appreciation of your good works and acknowledging mistakes.
Responsibility is everyone’s policy…
As a parent, there are endless things you should teach your children—
- How to be thoughtful and caring
- How to be creative and innovative
- How to be trustworthy and honest
- how to be a good listener
And the most important one is how to become responsible.
Many people don’t understand what responsibility is, neither for themselves nor for anyone else. But it is important to teach your child about responsibility. It is not even a hard task. According to research, it has been shown that children who grow up to be responsible adults have usually had some guidance in their childhood times. So, it is important to teach them about responsibility from a young age.
Are there any ways to teach them?
If you are a little bit confused about teaching responsibility, here we are giving you simple tips to guide you for your child’s well-
- Learn your child about the things that they should always clean up their own messes.
- Raise your child with the knowledge that they should contribute anything to others as well as for their family members. It is told that kids who help around the house are also more likely to offer help in other situations than those kids who just participate in their own work.
- Always let children ‘do it myself’ and ‘help’ even when it’s more works for them.
- You should avoid simply giving orders to your child and try asking them to do the thinking.
- You should never say your child ‘Irresponsible’.
- Provide daily routines as well as set a schedule.
- Teach your child to pay for damaged goods.
- Guide your child to learn to be responsible for their interactions with others.
Schools-the ultimate place of learning responsibility!!
Not only have the parents, Schools played a major role to teach their students about responsibility. Many schools performed their duty to teach their students by providing them with the practice session, learning the meaning of responsibility, encourages students for their tasks or involvement and so on. There are many schools in Siliguri where your child learns all the necessary things to be grown up as a responsible one.
Learn to carry your own burden and take responsibility-
‘The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence’- Denis Waitley.
Learning to be responsible is the most important part of growing up for every child. In this case, some children learn it more quickly and some children need a little more help as well as time to adapt to it. So, as a parent and as a teacher, it is your duty to tell about the importance of responsibility in life for being grown up an ideal human being.