When it comes to providing your child with the best education, selecting the right board and a best school in Siliguri is critical. Every parent embarking on this journey faces a dilemma with this option. How does one decide? What is the best option for a school board or educational system that provides every child with a solid foundation and enough flexibility to pursue a path that allows them to maximize their strengths and talents? What factors must be considered when selecting a board?
The Indian education system is dominated by two national-level boards that are recognised throughout the country: the ICSE and CBSE boards.
Choosing the right board will have a significant impact on how children develop, choose a career for which they have aptitude, and pursue their life goals.
We should have a better understanding of an ICSE curriculum and what it entails for this purpose. The CISCE (Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination) Board administers the ICSE examination, which is an offshoot of the Cambridge IGCSE, which was already in place during British rule. The Anglo-Indian Board later co-opted it and renamed it the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations. The foundation is based on the early structure of the Senior Cambridge Board, but have similarities with the NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) as well.
1. Obtaining a balance of wholesome content: TheICSE Schools encourages students to look beyond textbooks and gain practical insights through hands-on learning experiences. The goal is to not only perform well in exams but also to gain enriching experiences.
2. Establishing a solid foundation: By emphasising quality over quantity, this curriculum encourages students to identify diverse interests and approach learning analytically.
3. Extensive future potential: The ICSE curriculum introduces new teaching methods, fosters an analytical mind-set, and provides global content. This has enabled students to pursue higher education abroad. Students in the ICSE board have a strong foundation in English, which gives them an advantage in IELTS and TOEFL exams.
4. Nationally and globally recognised: An ICSE 10th standard certificate is equivalent to other nationally recognised boards. Furthermore, it is on par with high school examinations given in foreign institutions.
5.Curriculum:The ICSE has a comprehensive syllabus with a few compulsory subjects and a list of optional subjects from which to choose. ICSE subjects are divided into three major groups. It aims to instil problem-solving abilities in students.
6. Teaching Methodology: The ICSE employs an application-based teaching methodology that emphasises practical training rather than theoretical concepts. It improves the students' analytical abilities.
7. Teacher Training:The CISCE organises several online programmes to provide teachers with the necessary training and guidance. Mentoring the teachers on educational concerns, innovative teaching practises, updated syllabus, and management skills required in providing quality education to students are all part of the training.
8. Awards:The CISCE holds various competitions and bestows awards to help schools and teachers understand the art of creativity and the importance of verbal and written communication in school education.
9. Global Competitive Exams:The board provides quality preparation for competitive exams and prepares its students to compete with the brightest minds in the world.
10. Privileges for children with special needs:The council gives special consideration to candidates who are handicapped in some way and makes the necessary arrangements to assist them so that their achievement in the ICSE and ISC Exams is not negatively affected.
Contact the Siliguri ICSE School
Need expert advice on your child's next career move? Contact us for personalised step-by-step assistance with admission to the best school in siliguri, Father LeBlond School.