At Father LeBlond School (FLS), our approach to learning is designed to help each student reach their ultimate potential, regardless of their background or abilities.
What is Academic Excellence?
It is more than just getting good marks. It is about developing a deep understanding of the material and the ability to think critically and creatively. It is also about developing a love of learning and a passion for knowledge.
FLS's approach to achieving academic excellence:
Our approach to learning is based on the following principles:
- High expectations: We have high expectations for all students. All students are capable of achieving excellence, and we provide them with the resources and support they need to succeed.
- Rigorous academics: We offer an academic program that challenges you to think critically and creatively. Our curriculum is aligned with the highest national and state standards, and it includes a variety of courses that allow them to explore interests and develop their talents.
- Small class sizes: We have a small class size, which allows teachers to provide personalized attention to each student.
- A supportive community: FLS is a supportive community where students feel valued and respected. We provide a variety of opportunities to get involved in extracurricular activities, and we offer a variety of support services to help students succeed academically and emotionally.
Here are some specific examples of how FLS achieves academic achievement:
- We provide a variety of Advanced Placement (AP) and honors courses, which allow them to challenge themselves academically and earn college credit while they are still in high school.
- We have a strong STEM program, which prepares students for careers in science, technology, engineering & mathematics.
- We provide a variety of electives and extracurricular activities, which allow them to explore interests and develop their talents.
- We have a strong college counseling program, which helps them find the right college or university for them and apply successfully.
FLS's approach has resulted in a long history of academic excellence.
Our students have been accepted into some of the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country, and they have gone on to successful careers in a variety of fields.
How can parents support their child's academic excellence?
Parents can play an important role in supporting their child's academic life. Here are a few tips:
- Encourage your child to read: Reading is one of the best ways to improve knowledge. Encourage your child to read a variety of books, including fiction and nonfiction.
- Talk to your child about their school day: Ask your child about what they learned in school that day. This will help you to stay informed about your child's progress and to identify any areas where they may need extra help.
- Help your child with their homework: If your child is struggling with their homework, offer to help them. This will show your child that you are supportive of their education and that you are invested in their success.
FLS is committed to helping all students achieve this. Our approach to learning is based on high expectations, rigorous academics, small class sizes, and a supportive community.